LeBron's Teammate Accidentally Touches Ball in 4th Quarter

Wednesday, October 28, 2009



The Cleveland Cavaliers season began with an opening night loss to the Boston Celtics, a 95-89 defeat at home. The Cavaliers were in their patented stand around and watch LeBron 4th quarter offense, but were completely thrown off when James' teammate, Mo Williams, accidentally touched the ball. After having the ball, he clearly appeared flustered, and immediately threw the ball out of bounds off Shaquille O'Neal's knee.

"I don't know what I was doing," said Williams. "I guess I just panicked and touched the basketball, then threw it at Shaq to quickly get rid of it. I apologized to the team after the game for leaving my role of standing in the corner for a brief second."

Head coach Mike Brown understood the mistake, but vowed that he would do all he could to not let it happen again.

"We need to do a better job of getting out of LeBron's way in the 4th quarter. Maybe we could go stand out of bounds or something. I don't know. I won coach of the year employing that strategy and I don't plan on changing it now."

0 comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment or trackback to your own site. Please refrain from personal attacks or use of profanity. No Spam.