Jerry Jones Gives Wade Phillips Vote of Confidence While Texting Mike Holmgren

Friday, October 16, 2009



Wade Phillips received the dreaded "vote of confidence" from his owner Jerry Jones this week. Unbeknownst to Phillips, he received the vote of confidence while Jones was sending a text message to available coach Mike Holmgren.

"Sending Mike Holmgren a text message means absolutely nothing," said Jones. "I've known Mike from the days he coached the Packers. We played a lot of classic games against one another. It has nothing to do with me wanting him to coach the Cowboys."

Endorsing Phillips seems kind of strange, given that Jones is in contact with other coaches.

"I assure you, nothing fishy is going on," said Jones. "Now if you'd excuse me, I need to write on Jon Gruden's Facebook wall."

0 comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment or trackback to your own site. Please refrain from personal attacks or use of profanity. No Spam.