Eagles Team Doctor Successfully Replaces McNabb's Broken Rib with Jeff Garcia

Tuesday, September 15, 2009


Jeff Garcia
Originally uploaded by
Darrins

Many were wondering about the Philadelphia Eagles immediate quarterback situation, given the rib injury suffered by Donovan McNabb in Sunday's game vs. the Carolina Panthers. With Michael Vick suspended for another week, the team signed free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia. Today, the Eagles team doctor successfully replaced McNabb's broken rib, with Garcia himself.

"It's a risky procedure," said Eagles head coach Andy Reid. "But given Garcia's small stature, our team doctor thinks it will work. Donovan should be fine by Sunday."

McNabb agrees.

"I feel pretty good after the surgery," said McNabb. "It's a little sore, but much better than what I was with a broken rib. I look forward to playing this week."

McNabb will most likely join teammate Brian Westbrook this season on the 'I'm not practicing and am questionable, but will play really well on Sunday' list.

1 comment

Love the site and your style of satire. I wanted to see if you're at all interested in writing for my site. Contact me through my contact page if you're interested.

September 16, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment or trackback to your own site. Please refrain from personal attacks or use of profanity. No Spam.