Quentin Richardson's Expiring Contract to be Inducted into Basketball Hall of Fame

Friday, August 14, 2009


Quentin Richardson
Originally uploaded by Keith Allison
Typically it's players, coaches and contributors to the game of basketball that are inducted into the Hall of Fame. This time, it will be Quentin Richardson's expiring contract, as it has been traded for a 4TH! time this off season. (Fanhouse) -- (Barkley's Mouth) -- (Larry Brown Sports)

His contract is being inducted because the four trades have triggered a little known clause in the bylaws of the Basketball Hall of Fame.

"This is very exciting for my contract," said Richardson. "I may not be going into the Hall of Fame, but my contract is. Since it wouldn't have existed without me, I guess that makes me totally responsible for it's career. That is pretty cool."

Theo Ratliff's expiring contract nearly preceded Q's, but was not traded enough times in the same off season to qualify for induction.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment or trackback to your own site. Please refrain from personal attacks or use of profanity. No Spam.